I LOVE crock pot season, especially on Sunday’s watching the Patriots play; no worries about when to start making dinner. Plus, the fact that I’m not a very good cook, I am always looking for easy peasy recipes. One of my favorite go to recipes is called Mississippi Pot Roast. If you get the right cut of beef (I usually ask the butcher at the grocery store what would be best) this will be “melt in your mouth delicious.” It goes great with roasted potatoes/mashed potatoes and asparagus or just some buttered noodles. You can also make a nice gravy, but I’m clueless when it comes to that (like I said before, not a good cook). Just put it on low heat for 8 hours and let the crock pot do all the work.
I normally add Sea Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to the roast before putting on the mix. For the roasted potatoes I use the recipe on the Lipton Onion Soup mix packet, add a little bit of ranch dry mix and it comes out great.
- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-5 pepperoncini peppers
- Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes and add the butter.
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours. Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!